FE.DLL issues with MFSG sceneries

• Hello All,

would appreciate anyone's advice. Using FS9 right now and I own a few of MFSG's sceneries like OBBI,CYQB etc.

I am getting a FE.DLL on final approach at both sceneries day and night. would appreciate anyones two cents in order to come up with a solution, I am positive that FE.DLL errors have to do with aircraft ai textures within the scenery or corrupt scenery texture files.

can anyone give me their kind assistance in order to fix my issues.

thanks

Jordansim :)

• Disable traffic and see what happens (slider in traffic options to the left)

Gruß aus Bayern

Intel Core I5 7500, Gigabyte B250H, 16GB DDR4, NVDIA Geforce GTX 1050TI 4GB

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi "Jordansim" - and welcome - you have a personell message, you will find it in the upper corner at the right side.

Some FS9-users reported with the larger MFSG-airports CTD's. Me too hade problems with Quebec and Syamsani's beautiful sceneries became useable for me when I converted the tons of 32-bit-888 textures he uses into DXT-3 textures with mips. You can use the Texture Manager by Don Grovestine or DXTBmp by Martin Wright.

Dedl

• Hi "Jordansim" - and welcome - you have a personell message, you will find it in the upper corner at the right side.

Some FS9-users reported with the larger MFSG-airports CTD's. Me too hade problems with Quebec and Syamsani's beautiful sceneries became useable for me when I converted the tons of 32-bit-888 textures he uses into DXT-3 textures with mips. You can use the Texture Manager by Don Grovestine or DXTBmp by Martin Wright.

Dedl

Hi Dedl,

thanks for your message. Much appreciated. Were your errors related to FE.dll faults?

I shall check out the texture manager and be sure to advise you with any related items from my end.

Thanks

Ned

Jordansim

• Offizieller Beitrag

Good Morning Ned,

to be honest, I don't know the name of the reason for the CTD's and have not even looked at it.

On September, 10th last year, Nicolas wrote this post in our forum and because I hade the same issues with Perth (and other sceneries too), I tried his advice, it worked perfectly and I was glad and finished my troublesearching.

For me the reason was understandable. If you have 224 textures in 32-bit format, each one more than 4 MB's large and they have to be loaded in your computer while you are there virtually, even the best rigg may say, thank you - it's enough - I will "escape" to desktop... And when there are a lot of AI-planes in this scenery too (in worst case also in 32-bit format), the system might tell you, that the problem comes from AI.

Try to convert all these 32-bit files and keep us informed, if it helped. If not, try Günther's advice.

Good luck,

Dedl

• Dedl 6. April 2020 09:48

Hat den Titel des Themas von „MFSG sceneries“ zu „FE.DLL issues with MFSG sceneries“ geändert.
  • Hi Dedl.

Okay I managed to download the Texture editor, can you please see the below image and advise me what settings I need to select in order to resize the textures? and what files should I load into the texture manager to properly convert?

Thanks

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello Ned,

that is a good start. And here we go with the rest:

fsscr027qskjg.jpg

1. make a backup of the original texture.
    2. make a temporary floder on your desktop and move only the 32 bit textures fron the MFSG scenery of your choise here (the ones that are 5.462kb large resp. 4.097kb if the don't have mips)
    3. select this folder for the Source Folder and the "Save to folder (the red arrows)
    4. select the buttons "Mode"=Manual, Compression/Format"=DTX3, "File Types"=No Change, "Resize"=No Change and "MipMaps"=Yes (the green arrows)
    5. Click on "Process Textures" - that will run the program (the blue arrow)
    6. When the program is ready, take the compiled textures from the temporary folder and move them to the texture folder of the MFSG-scenery
    7. Start the simulator and enjoy Syamsani's beautyful work

Good luck and stay healthy

Dedl