Beiträge von JohnTenn

Andreas

egllvtpxx.bgl

That file is an exclude for the default roads.

I have also removed the egllvtp.bgl to a hold folder.

I have Ultimate Terrain Europe installed so the roads have been modified already.

For EGLC I have also removed the EGLC_lwm_a and EGLC_lwm_b and the exclude to a hold file.

Performance is better and I cannot see a difference possibly because I have UTE installed.

EGLC_lwm_a.bgl modifies the water around the airport. Altitude -9999m possibly to remove it.

Thank you also to the two brave gentlemen who assisted with the initial testing.

This is a major modification to base files and many things could have gone wrong.

This prompted the strange readme. I realized that many users would only install if they were sure they could return from the dark side and restore their system if they did not like what they saw.

Thank you again for your help. Your assistance was more important than I realized at the time.

John

Thank you.

I hope it is a positive improvement.

Unfortunately, even the good FSX sceneries are only partially compatible with VRMM. The original floatplane harbor was moved to make place for the new runway. The new terminal has also taken up a lot of space next to the Southwest apron. The parking spots will also have to be moved to align with the airbridges.

If you do find glitches with the islands let me know please.

John

I have, I think, built Afcads for all the airports used in AI flight plans for Maldivian Airlines, Manta and Villa Air (FlyMe). Seventeen in total.

The islands on which the airports are built have been created with SBuilder. The SBuilder files have been renamed to replace the AB, HP and HL .bgl's. Scenery Blocks 967290, 967300, 967310 and 967320. Islands not very close to the new airports have not been altered.

I have backed-up the originals.

Is anyone brave enough to test them for island textures, faults and any changes you might want?

Let me know here or on a personal message.

John

PS. These Islands and atolls have changed a lot in the last decade. Land reclamation and dredging. The environmental impact must be huge.

In answer to the question about the scenery made by Hendrik Klon, linked above, this scenery would be incompatible with my effort in every way. It is based on a "concept" and has little relevance to the actual situation at present. If you have it and like it, stay with it.

A FSX scenery by Juergen Huelden seems to be quite accurate for the time it was created. The buildings in the custom objects scenery convert easily to FS9 and the placement seems compatible. One of the hangars has been removed in reality to make way for the new terminal building.

The new main runway is east of the old one, and the old runway is now a taxiway. My Afcad (ADE) will fit onto the default ground scenery. Well almost, the new runway is partially off the grass.

My main aim was to create the island airports not included in FS9 to use with AI. Most of these do not fit onto the atolls or islands in the default scenery. I felt the need to create new islands using the default scenery as a starting point. What has happened is that I am modifying the original HP and HL files and recompiling them. Replacing the originals.

So far, I have redone the default VRMM, VRMG, VRMH, VRMK and VRMT. I only had to add a bit of land to VRMG.

New airports and islands for VRMD, VRMO and VRMU. That covers Manta airways. Ten airports still need to be created to cover the Maldivian Airlines destinations.

John

I have solved my map issue. It appears I installed an updated navaid .bgl dated 2008. NV9EURW0.bgl. Possibly by Herve Sors.

This was in FS9\Scenery\Eurw\Scenery. I replaced it from the original files dated 2003.

Map works now.

May or may not be helpfull.