FS2004 unter Windows 11

• Hi Folks,

for those of you running FS2004 under Windows 10 and are considering to move up to Windows 11, I have news - good news. Today I have installed Win11 as I was experiencing trouble with my Win10 installation. For whatever reason booting took very long since a week or so even though I have an M.2 SSD as the system drive. So instead of resetting my Win10 I installed Win11. First tests showed that FS2004 is running as good under Win11 as it did under Win10 .

https://smilies.4-user.de/include/Fahrzeuge/smilie_car_171.gif

Cheers Michael

»Imagine there’s no countries / It isn’t hard to do / Nothing to kill or die for / And no religion, too / Imagine all the people / Livin’ life in peace.«

John Lennon

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti / 32 GB DDR-4 SDRAM / MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C37) / Windows 11

• @ Michael

1) Have you installed any addons ect?

2) Did you install update for FS9?

If programs like Level-D, PMDG, ifly, FSbuild, editvoicepack, sceneries ect work, then it is promissing.

3)

My last question is, do you have installed it in an own partition?

Because in Win10 you must not install it in the x86 path.

Do the aircrafts appear normally on the aircraft selection window after you start the sim?

That was one of the first problems in Win10, because the area was black.

it was fixed after a Windows 10 update in summer 2020.

Gruß

• Not tested everything for now. FS2004 is installed on a separate partition and was not changed or altered after the Win11 update. Of course some sceneries are not activated anymore because of the installation of the new OS. Airplane selection window is displayed normally - no difference compared to Win10.

I will test addon airplanes (LVL-D and PMDG) later on and will let you know.

LG Michael

»Imagine there’s no countries / It isn’t hard to do / Nothing to kill or die for / And no religion, too / Imagine all the people / Livin’ life in peace.«

John Lennon

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti / 32 GB DDR-4 SDRAM / MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C37) / Windows 11

• thanks.

If you can, it would be very helpful to test Scenery Installation, too.

For example if you have flyTampa Dubai or any aerosoft scenery.

And manual Scenery Installation.

In Win 10, if you want to install the scenery manually, you have to klick on the white area where the addon scenery is located, after selecting it in the scenery library in FS9.

If you just klick ok, nothing will happen until you klick the white are where the folder is.

That is still the case and a strange behaviour of FS9 under Win10.

You can read about this problem in different forums.

But aslong the scenery works, it doesnt bother me.

• I know these shortfalls of Win10, went through all those workarounds myself. Especially sensitive is the start of FS2004. You cannot leave the intro window of FS2004 during program load process and work somewhere else (i. e. Browser) as FS2004 will not show up anymore and runs in the background. Sometimes to view the menues you have to change to windowed mode etc., etc . . . But I am still glad that the old 32bit application runs under the latest 64bit OS.

Michael

John Lennon

• Scenery installlation issues are the same as for Win10, so far I have not found more issues those we all know from FS2004 under Win10. I have installed CS 757 and LVL-D 767, all are good. DXB from flyTampa and several Aerosoft sceneries have not caused any headache. Performance is also as good as under Win10 probably even better. My system is a Ryzen 5 3600on MSI X570 MB with 32GB RAM and a GTX 1050Ti graphic card.

John Lennon

• hello Michael,

Have you tested a weatherprogram or Flightplanningprogram like PFPX or FSbuild in Win11?

Also I would like to know if Editvoicepack works normal.

It seems like EVP doesnt play all callsigns in Win10.

I dont know the reason. Sometimes new callsigns are played and sometimes not. I havent found the reason yet.

Thanks for testing.

If you should notice any strange behaviours, let us know please.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von 737 Lover (4. Dezember 2021 03:50)

• +++++++ UPDATE +++++++ UPDATE +++++++

Up to now I have found no further issues. Editvoice31 is working as intended. I have added several voicepacks and all worked fine. Flight Sim Commander 10.6, also no issues at all. I am pretty sure we will have no funcional differences between FS2004 on Win10 and FS2004 on Win 11. The PMDG MD-11 and B747 are the products I have the most trouble with and there is no difference between these 2 OS. Both PMDG add-ons are causing OOM errors frequently and so far I have no idea how to improve that.

Win11, for those who wish to "upgrade", should not pose any problems with regard to FS2004.

Cheers Michael

John Lennon