Quest Kodiak for AI perhaps?

• Hi everyone

Does anybody know of an AI model for a Quest Kodiak?

I did a few searches but nothing other than repaints for the Lionheart Creations one comes up.

Thanks in advance

Kabous

• I think the nearest fit would be the rather smaller Gippsland Aerovan, that Klaus Brosemann modelled. It is considerably smaller, though, about 5ft in length and 6 ft on the span, and 3ft in height. It has the overall look but is wrong in most respects!

Unfortunately, on a small aircraft those "small" discrepancies are quite large.

https://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&ImageID=456498

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/23/GippsAero_GA8_Airvan_2-view_line_drawing.jpg

AVSIM Library

“Every word has consequences. Every silence, too.” - Sartre

• Hi Richard and thanks for the reply.

Jip, I have to agree that on smaller aircraft you sometimes cannot get away with small discrepancies but then again, having something is usually better than having nothing. :)

So, I am downloading the Aerovan (thanks for the link) and will check it out.

Kind regards

Kabous

• Oh, I have had conversations with people that would not paint a Gulfstream 550 livery onto the HTAI Gulfstream V because "it's not the right aircraft". I'm very much of your mind. I need a Gulfstream 1, now where's that SAAB 340 paint kit!

Attached is a cruddy image of a NASA G1 at DCA (now Reagan) taken in late 70s or even 1980. It was a ways from Frederick to DCA, and a nightmare even around the beltway, so I needed a good reason to go there.

Since I was in that part of memory lane, I also included a pic of Frederick, MD, looking west from the main junction between Alt/US40 and US15, taken in my first couple years of being qualified. Adjacent to the topleft quarter of the cloverleaf is the Red Horse bar, where I cut my guitaring teeth in a local covers band. My folks' place was just over the crest of that first ridge, at Braddock Heights (later featured in an episode of the X-Files!). We looked across to the further ridge, the Blue Ridge.

Taken from one of the Cherokees I used to fly there, probably N76MS, if memory serves. One of the instructors there called it "Monkey Sh*t". No idea what heppened to it, maybe a monkey flung it. The tail number was reissued for a Vans RV-10 that was written off in the noughties.

If I wanted to impress a gal, I didn't take her to the Red Horse, but to the South Mountain Inn on that furthest ridge. I do miss those evenings.

I don't miss the rest of the place (FDK), but, happy days all the same.

Sorry for the ramble. It's the hottest day of the year and I'm taking a break after defrosting and cleaning a freezer (luckily we have more than one, otherwise dinner would be huge). There's a nice logic about doing that job on this day. And now I really am just taking up bandwidth. G'day!

• Wow Richard, the stories you tell.. What a blessing it must have been to experience all these things and thank you as always for sharing. I love listening to peoples stories and always implore others to listen to peoples stories as it enriches our lives as well since we wont all be able to experience everything life has to offer.

There are a few others here on the forum who also has magical stories they have shared with us and to them also I send my deepest appreciation.

Never apologize for telling stories, there will always be people wanting to hear them. My grandfather was one of those story tellers that I could listen to forever. Miss that so much...

Oh, I have had conversations with people that would not paint a Gulfstream 550 livery onto the HTAI Gulfstream V because "it's not the right aircraft". I'm very much of your mind. I need a Gulfstream 1, now where's that SAAB 340 paint kit!

So funny that you mention this. One of my very first repaints and uploads for FS9 was that of Pelican Air and Asas de Mocambique's Gulfstream 1's. I also could not find a suitable model, so Mike Stone's Saab340 was the one used and released. I am sure some people were not impressed and I even think I received some emails pointing out the "issues". Oddly though I clearly wrote in the Readme that this all was the case so did not even bother to reply to those mails at the time other than with the words "please refer to readme"... ^^ ^^

When it comes to my scenery that I design though it is a completely different matter and I take very little (if any) "artistic license". Other than the clutter or static vehicles/planes, all buildings and other structures are exactly as it is at the real airport/airfields. This is also one of the main reasons I have not really done large airports, since in South Africa you are not allowed to go and photograph airports (except if you are either willing to jump through a million hoops or pay for the "privilege's" (if you know what I mean)). So until I find enough photos, I simply don't even go down the route of designing them. Must be the accountant in me coming through with my OCD :D :D

Downloading sceneries is an entirely different mindset again and there I am grateful for anything that remotely resembles the actual and true nature of the airports.

It's the hottest day of the year and I'm taking a break after defrosting and cleaning a freezer (luckily we have more than one, otherwise dinner would be huge). There's a nice logic about doing that job on this day.

^^ ^^ ^^ ^^ https://www.animierte-gifs.net/data/media/1897/animiertes-danke-thank-you-smilies-bild-0003.gif https://www.animierte-gifs.net/data/media/1897/animiertes-danke-thank-you-smilies-bild-0003.gif https://www.animierte-gifs.net/data/media/1897/animiertes-danke-thank-you-smilies-bild-0003.gif

Greetings

Kabous

• Well, models are important to me in that they ought to resemble whatever it is they're imitating, but up to the user whether a bit of creative license is warranted to get something "in character" into a scenery. Perfection's a nice ideal to strive for, and a debilitating obstacle to anyone that wants to work around this thing we call "reality" - "needs must when the Devil drives", etc.

My flying life has been spent in things like queues at the threshold and go-arounds and being vectored because of traffic, and I need that AI environent in the sim for me to feel that it's at least pretending to be "life" - and that means taking whatever I can as traffic and a little bit of creative bending here and there, and then once in a while the frustration gets the better of me and I make a model, finally. And those are gradually improving. But then my fairly dubious Twin Star is better than the empty space that would otherwise be there, it's not like I will imitate a Twin Star with a Twin Com. There are limits! :D

But scenery's a whole other kettle of fish, I agree. You have to have some sense of place and you can only get that by a lot of attention to detail on a grand scale. Then again, I had a nice time with Jan Martin's "Jetways and Terminals" back in the day, so I will take an uplift where I can find it. I even made off-airport scenery items if I felt the omission was bad enough, everything from the Dubai artificial islands to the Jodrell Bank Radio Telescope - a very interesting VRP for entering the Manchester zone VFR from the south, via Crewe. And I'd occasionally add on to a purchased scenery, such as making the MP2 terminal for the very old scenery for Marseille, simply because Marseille looked lost without it. At that time, I was flying in that part of Europe quite often. When I did make a fuller airport scenery, getting the accuracy I wanted took me 2 years, on and off. I was content usually to make "lite" sceneries using EOD (Easy Object Designer) and SceneGenX, but could probably work more quickly and accurately using Gmax now. Abu Dhabi was my first and only Gmax scenery.

So, I really appreciate the love and dedication that you (and Emmanuel, lest we overlook another significant developer) put into these more immersive creations. It shows!

I think that due to the busy life I saw my parents having, I've grown up with the idea that unproductive time is like being dead, so I dabble and change things all the time. I did actually lounge around a pool once - I needed somewhere relaxing to do a university essay in 2012! :D

“Every word has consequences. Every silence, too.” - Sartre