Seeking Starling Aviation 727-200 for AI

• Hi folks,

As part of my 52-week flightplanning fetish I was considering baking up some plans for the Boeing 727-200 operated by Starling Aviation, M-STAR. I was worried that I might need to paint it, but from the AI-Aardvark website, beneath Greg's CL-215, you can see that it has been painted by someone.

I've looked on the two main sites and will carry on looking, but I think I might have problems. I guess I could ask David Rawlins, since he posted the image, but that was a few years ago and I don't want to send him off on a search when someone may already have it!

I've now run out of time for today, so I thought I might shoot a question to see what I'm missing.

“Every word has consequences. Every silence, too.” - Sartre

• Strange, I searched using some of the terms, most obviously "M-STAR" - which pulled up no results! I assumed that is because on the file listing it has brackets around it. I just tried the same search using *M-STAR* and it still draws a blank. Even entering "aardvark 727 M-STAR" or "aardvark 727 Starling M-STAR" brings up nothing. The Avsim search is baffling. I tried the search also in Google with the same lack of success.

I would have come back to it when I had a moment but for the fact that we have had a power outage due to some vigorous thunderstorms this afternoon. We are rural, and the last place to get power restored, it seems!

I'd be interested to know what search terms you set up to actually find that file!

• The "-" in the search always leads to problems - as I have found out.

It was as simple as that, I searched for "Starling" and got 8 files. It was just looking for the right one... While searching I expierienced the fact "less is more".

Glad I could help!

Cheers

Dedl

Wer bekommt was er mag ist erfolgreich, wer mag was er bekommt, ist glücklich. (M. Luther)

md11---scenery-mapsktkcw.jpg

• I've had a look at Manuel's repaint and will probably end up making my own at some point, unless David Rawlins released one at the same time as his "Yard Sale" release of models that included the "Super 27".

I decided to make 52-week flightplans for a couple of the other 727s out there, N311AG (the Getty aircraft that passes back and forth between Europe and the USA, with other visits as well, and Malibu Consulting's VP-BAP. Unless at base, there's no reason these would be in the same places every week. They're both quite long range aircraft considering the basic 727 was 2250-2550 in range (series 100 & 200). Despite these aircraft both being quite heavy, I get the impression they manage about 4000NM to judge by the sectors they have flown.

VP-BAP | Boeing 727-21 | Private | Dranob | JetPhotos
    VP-BAP. Boeing 727-21. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
    www.jetphotos.com
    N311AG | Boeing 727-17(RE) | Private | Carlos Miguel Seabra | JetPhotos
    [Full HD/1920px] Almost 8 years later, the majestic Boeing 727 touches down in Porto again. <b>N311AG</b> owned by Gordon Peter Getty is seen here reversing on…
    www.jetphotos.com

Obviously both the JEGE and Nygard 727s are no longer in action, although I think they were in my 2019 timeframe for my setup, but the JEGE 727 found infamy by being Jeffrey Epstein's "Lolita Express", and Nygard seems to be headed the same way, if his aircraft's interior was anything to go by. I wonder what the Trump 727 used to look like - not that I'm lumping them all together, of course.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Every trip an ego trip.

• aia_super27.zip on Avsim has the Super 727-100 and Super 727-200 models. Included is a better Starling repaint.

Greg

Greg Peters

KGRR Michigan

• Most kind of you to look that up! Thanks, Greg!

In late 2018 I was getting back into the sim after a long break working abroad, and had a lot of catching up to do, and wondering whether to continue simming at all, at a time when I was flying a lot in the real world. This and the "Yard sale" upload were just prior to deciding to continue, but to fix my setup in 2019 rather than go back to chasing seasons of flightplans etc. I'd been wondering how I could have missed these - I think it was just because since then I've been using Avsim for things I know I need.

I wrote the texture converter in late 2018 as an experiment to see whether I could get rid of the huge task of converting several years of textures in DDS to BMP. If it hadn't worked, I wouldn't be here now. I mean, on FS2004.team, I'd still be alive! :D