Winnipeg (CYWG) von Gregory Putz kommt für den FS9

• Congrats on the release Gregory!

It was a pleasure being part of your beta test team.

I guess it is time now for a well deserved rest.

All the best and once again many thanks for your outstanding contributions to the flightsim community!

• Thanks a lot Greg for this masterpiece!

It runs very smooth in Plus mode on my I5 7500.

I wonder why in CYWG are no DME equipments for the ILS approaches and there is only one PAPI (Rwy 18).

But I am sure you made it like in real

Gruß aus Bayern

Intel Core I5 7500, Gigabyte B250H, 16GB DDR4, NVDIA Geforce GTX 1050TI 4GB

• You are welcome Gunther. Thanks for the feedback.

At the real Winnipeg airport PAPI is only on RWY 18, I presume it is not needed on the other runways because they are equipped with high intensity approach lighting systems. At my home town airport, CYQR, all the runways that don't have the high intensity approach lighting have PAPI. To me that demonstrates that PAPI is not used when high intensity runway alignment lighting is in place.

The high altitude VOR-DME (YWG ident) is frequency 115.50, but your question is about DME for approaches.

RWYs 36, 13 and 31 use LOC + GP, which I understand can get you on the ground which is not the case with LOC + DME. Check out this site for further explanation on approach equipment, which I think should explain why LOC + GP is required for precision approaches hence the reason Winnipeg has no need for DME on the ILS approaches. I am sure others far more knowledgeable than me can explain why Winnipeg has LOC+Glide Path and not DME on the approaches. Maybe Nicolas, given his day time job, can give a better explanation.

It won't be long before the NDBs will be gone. Have a look at this site.

Nicolas, thank you for your kind remarks. I really appreciated having you on the team, along with Dedl. Nicolas flew all the approaches to verify that they worked. Sorry I put you through so many early beta versions but all that helped to improve the performance of the airport immensely.

Greg

Greg_Putz

Regina Canada

• Greg, thanks a lot for the detailed explanation.

Perhaps also general aviation is better equipped these days and GPS is nearly everywhere.

On the other hand new airports like ZBAD or LTFM are equipped with ILS/DME and PAPIs....:/

Gruß aus Bayern

Intel Core I5 7500, Gigabyte B250H, 16GB DDR4, NVDIA Geforce GTX 1050TI 4GB

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von HGS (12. Juli 2020 10:48)

• Offizieller Beitrag

... Sorry I put you through so many early beta versions but all that helped to improve the performance of the airport immensely.

No reason to say sorry, Greg!

Testing your work, lightend extremly up my Corona-days, while I had the honor, checking your epochal work. I have to say today - I have seen quiet a few beta-versions but never a one like Winnipeg, where I could not find any missing textures, missplaced objects and stuff like that at any stage. No misstakes at all during the whole Beta!

So my jobb just was only to watch my "frameratemeter", checking that your totally smooth running scenery (the PLUS-version) also was running well on my "stoneage computer"... And it did so well, so I even learned a whole lot of new english superlatives from Google ;) reporting about the results...

Dedl

• Hi Greg

I was on holiday for a few days so I only saw your beautiful Winnipeg scenery today. I installed it immediately and I can only say that I think it is absolutely one of the best sceneries I have ever seen for FS2004, much nicer than a lot of payware sceneries that are on SimMarket and with an impressive level of detail and precision! The frame and release note are also excellent, so a perfectly successful job. For me you have always been and you will remain a point of reference for scenery design, a level that I would also like to reach and that I consider superlative. So many congratulations again for your splendid work which will immediately become a must have for FS2004.

• Bin in Winnipeg gelandet. Und ich staune: Wow! Was für eine phänominale Scenery. Grandios!! Ganz großes DANKE an Greg Putz.

I am landing in CYWG now. I am very suprised: WOW! What a phenominal scenery. A big thank you dear Greg. What a perfect addon!

Grüße Michi

Warm regards Michi

Michi

Flusieren ist eine kommunikative Angelegenheit. ;)