NVidia Driver version

• Morning everybody

Lately I have been struggling with my display driver which stops responding and then recovers for no reason that I can trace. Sometimes on startup I will get the message "your Nvidia display driver has stopped responding and has recovered", and other times this message will pop up mid flight or even just by browsing the internet.

This made me wonder, what version of the display driver do you guys use and find most stable for a GTX-1080 (or similar range) card. I used to use the newest drivers, but doubt they were more stable than prior versions for FS9 purposes and as such went back to v.398.11 but lately this is also crashing.

Your comments and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Kobus

ps. I do use NVidia inspector to fine tune but even this in not working to my satisfaction lately.

• This program (GPU-Z) shows all about your card.

I use 1920x1080 windowed and full screen:

1050aajjua.jpg

No problems with AA

Gruß aus Bayern

Intel Core I5 7500, Gigabyte B250H, 16GB DDR4, NVDIA Geforce GTX 1050TI 4GB

• Thanks Gunther

Another interesting thing I see on your settings is the Frames locked at 30fps. I also like leaving it at 30 but with my current driver and card I need to have it locked at 60fps which is the same as my screen refresh rate. Anything lower and the display becomes "jerky" which never used to be the case. Even with the inspector setting at 1/2 the refresh-rate setting enabled I get the "jerky" display. The fps counter doesn't deviate from 30, but the visuals are clearly not smooth :(

Kobus

• Mine runs smooth at 60 (equal to my screen refresh rate), but at 30 is where my jerky issues comes in. And I would rather limit the fps to 30 as the more detailed scenery runs better since there are no large deviations from frame to frame when locked at 30... :/

• I am running the latest Nvidia driver version without any issues. But looking at Gümther's screenshot I am wondering why AA is activated within FS2004 options menu. To my knowledge this drastically reduces frames in FS2004. AA should be activated in the Nvidia Control Center and be de-activated in the FS2004 options. Please let me know if I am wrong.

Michael

»Imagine there’s no countries / It isn’t hard to do / Nothing to kill or die for / And no religion, too / Imagine all the people / Livin’ life in peace.«

John Lennon

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti / 32 GB DDR-4 SDRAM / MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C37) / Windows 11

• I am running the latest Nvidia driver version without any issues. But looking at Gümther's screenshot I am wondering why AA is activated within FS2004 options menu. To my knowledge this drastically reduces frames in FS2004. AA should be activated in the Nvidia Control Center and be de-activated in the FS2004 options. Please let me know if I am wrong.

Michael

I also have mine de-activated in the sim and activated through the NVidia inspector.

Also, thanks for the feedback on which driver you are using Michael.

Regards

Kobus

Michael

I will like to test that.

Gruß aus Bayern

Intel Core I5 7500, Gigabyte B250H, 16GB DDR4, NVDIA Geforce GTX 1050TI 4GB