ScruffyDuck about to retire

• Just read this post . . . :(

pasted-from-clipboard.png

»Imagine there’s no countries / It isn’t hard to do / Nothing to kill or die for / And no religion, too / Imagine all the people / Livin’ life in peace.«

John Lennon

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti / 32 GB DDR-4 SDRAM / MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C37) / Windows 11

• AFCAD opened the doors to some serious changes in FS, and ADE pushed that into object placements that I used to have to do with SceneGenX. The thing that made ADE special for me was approach mode. I can remember struggling with the approach coding for Swiss valley airports, Nice's Riviera Approach and the River Visual at DCA, even getting Jim Vile's interest (he'd been digging in the same area with approaches at Honolulu, and it made sense to use the idea to avoid terrain). The old way to make approaches was a nightmare, and to have it suddenly visualized was beyond useful to me. Suddenly, doing one airport's angled approach at one runway end in 2 weeks was changed to making such approaches for an airport (or overlay) both ends at the rate of 3 or 4 airports per day.

I can use AFCAD or ADE interchangeably for airport layout, but for approaches, ADE is the only show in town! My personal helicopter AI project would have looked very stupid and impractical without ADE's help.

“Every word has consequences. Every silence, too.” - Sartre

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Ministry of Truth (11. Juli 2023 15:17)

• Sad for us but inevitable. Truly one of the innovators of our beloved hobby.

I totally agree but for us FS9ers all is done. Let him enjoy thankfully his retirement

Gruß aus Bayern

Intel Core I5 7500, Gigabyte B250H, 16GB DDR4, NVDIA Geforce GTX 1050TI 4GB