Shannon (SNN) arrival from Abuja (ABV) IL-62MGr

• The beautiful Rada IL-62MGr demonstrating her unusual skills. 8)

Reversers opened before touchdown. (note reverse thrust is only applied on touchdown)

The tail support is extended halfway or more during taxi to gate and then fully extended when parked.

Thanks to such fantastic modellers like Edgar who are happy to listen and implement suggestions.

Edit: Kali might notice the beacon reflecting on the ground.;)

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Regards

Ed

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von edetroit (21. Januar 2024 09:10)

• What a fantastic FS2004 aircraft and the extending tail support really is outstanding modeling and the video a joy to watch :thumbup:

Kali

»Imagine there’s no countries / It isn’t hard to do / Nothing to kill or die for / And no religion, too / Imagine all the people / Livin’ life in peace.«

John Lennon

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti / 32 GB DDR-4 SDRAM / MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C37) / Windows 11

• What a fantastic FS2004 aircraft and the extending tail support really is outstanding modeling and the video a joy to watch :thumbup:

Kali

Thank you Kali,

The tail support is even better now as Edgar has made the animation smooth. (the model in the vid was a first draught)

Regards

Ed

• Ed, like all your Videos i only can say: Wow!! It´s always a pleasure watching your Content.

Did Edgar made an official Update for that IL-62?

Regards
    Muhamed

• Did Edgar made an official Update for that IL-62?

Regards
    Muhamed

Hello Muhamed, it is not an official update.

My late reply is because I had to fire up my sim to try and remember what actually happened.

In the original file the tail support was either up or down and was triggered by the water rudder code.

This meant there had to be a line in the contact points section to support water rudder action.

This in turn meant that if I used AES for pushback the tail support would immediately deploy as I believe AES pushback is like being in slew mode.

I wrote to Edgar, explained my problem and ask for a custom code for the tail support animation. He delivered.

No more problems with AES pushback and now I can write my own code to stop/start the tail support at any point and determine it's speed.

I am allowed and am happy to make this model available but it would need a custom switch to make it work as it no longer relies on the default water rudder code.

Regards

Ed

• It's always a pleasure to see Soviet airliners in action, and this one is fantastic.

Will there be a video of the full flight including takeoff scenes from Abuja? That'd be cool...

Harald Geyer

yu8Q2sy.jpg

• BTW Ed, I would like to know what Shannon scenery that is. Is it by Eiresim?

Kali

»Imagine there’s no countries / It isn’t hard to do / Nothing to kill or die for / And no religion, too / Imagine all the people / Livin’ life in peace.«

John Lennon

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti / 32 GB DDR-4 SDRAM / MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C37) / Windows 11

• edetroit yes, the same way my tailwheel is working, neither up or down. To be honest, i never recognized that problem with AES.

I just took a look on his Aeroproyecto site and there was some Info about an actual Version 2.1 of the IL-62. But i have no Idea, what's included in that update. Also you have to create an account on that site for downloading it, so i didn't try yet:)

But even in that version i use, it is incredible good and i love to fly it;)

regards,

Muhamed