Szeneriesuche...? -> Kein Problem mit FS2004 Scenery Maps

• Hi Pete,

yes, unfortunately I can confirm the fact.

In June 2020, Roger contacted me via e-mail about the frames in his Gander scenery - had well had heard, that if a scenery runs on my museum computer, it will run on every other FS9 machine in the whole wide world. ;)

I told him that I got around 10 fps. He answered that he had used an old fashioned way to design his sceneries with SceneGenX. The only way to fire up the frames would have been, to redo all the work in another program from scratch - but the motivation doing that was not so high from his side. As most people uses much faster computers these days for to run his sceneries, he decided to leave it this way.

So we have to live with it... or delete it.

Dedl

Wer bekommt was er mag ist erfolgreich, wer mag was er bekommt, ist glücklich. (M. Luther)

md11---scenery-mapsktkcw.jpg

• Thanks Dedl, glad I'm not the only one. I will continue to enjoy his smaller airports, some of which I have mipped the textures to make them run even better.

It is a real shame the he doesn't design on a different platform as a lot of his great work goes unused.

• Roger Wensley sceneries:

I can confirm, too, that some are really heavy on framerates (I'd say almost all) . If I am on an outside view and pan around the aircraft, FS9 will stutter as soon as his work enters the field of vision... after that initial load, though, it tends to run with further problem.

• As stated, the stutters are not so enoying with mipped textures and the frames are a little better...

Dedl

Wer bekommt was er mag ist erfolgreich, wer mag was er bekommt, ist glücklich. (M. Luther)

• As stated, the stutters are not so enoying with mipped textures and the frames are a little better...

Dedl

Thank you, Dedl!
    I will have to try that. I have maybe dozens of Roger's sceneries as probably the only one designing consistently for the places I like to fly :)

• Jeah, I can believe that! But please do not expect miracles... But on the other hand, with your computer - you won't have no problems at all. ;)

Dedl

• Jeah, I can believe that! But please do not expect miracles... But on the other hand, with your computer - you won't have no problems at all. ;)

Dedl

Dedl, mein PC ist ein so bescheidenes Gerät! Im genau umgekehrten Verhältnis zu meiner Begeisterung ^^^^^^