Khartoum International Airport - HSSS

• Some years ago, I thought about what the most important African airport was that still missed in FS2004.

At first I said: Dar es Salaam.

Emmanuel made Dar.

Then I thought that without a doubt Kigali was the one that I missed most so far.

Emmanuel gave us Kigali.

Then I thought that a new version of Addis would be fine.

Addis came here by Emmanuel.

Some days ago I looked at some old screenshots showing Khartoum airport, a very basic scenery.

So guess what I read here today...

THANKS for this great news, Emmanuel.

P.S. Does it work if I think that I'd like to fly to N'djamena, Niamey or Bamako one day? :saint:

Harald Geyer

yu8Q2sy.jpg

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von HaraldG (15. Dezember 2020 13:59)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Wow Emmanuel!

HSSS - Khartoum! What a really advanced project... I lift my hat. You must be a real scenery wizzard to get this done without images.

fsscr477l7kpf.jpg

This is an airport, I haven't even dreamed about - I never thought about that this place ever would come alive in our flightsim world.

The default one is lacking everything, but has quite interesting AI-traffic... What an exiting spot to fly to.

Btw. I got inspired of Harald's dreams :saint:...

fsscr474gcj8u.jpg

I met this pretty little bigbird in Addis the other day...

fsscr4753pjki.jpg

Even though she tried her best with the flag, I thought, she looked a little sad... Perhaps it was because of the lack of a nice designed homebase...

Dedl

• All those will be made :)

• In my sim, HSSS looks this way:

Oa9xZ0D.jpg

3DJQFMI.jpg

--- obviously built from some scenery object libraries. So a custom made scenery is extremely welcome.

It is a busy airport, those hangars represent the real airport :D, someone in Khartoum is helping me, they will try get photos

• Maputo definetely coming, after Khartoum, I am doing a smaller country not many know, FMCH airport in the Comoros, (also updated dar-es-salaam is coming, I remade terminal 1 and extended terminal 3), also Zanzibar once I get more photos on how the new terminal looks, i dont think they finished the extended ramp yet)..

Khartoum will be a challenge in some parts because no photos exist in those areas, probably hard to photograph since military probably runs it :) I will try to make it as close to the real one as i can :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maputo definetely coming,

a084.gif

Emmanuel, what amazing plans you have! I am shure that you, with your African roots and spirit and the help of Mr. "someone" will definately be able to make Khartoum as real as can be - against all military prohibitions and other lacking stuff that might be against you - you have all of us with you!

Dedl

• Maputo definetely coming, after Khartoum, I am doing a smaller country not many know, FMCH airport in the Comoros, (also updated dar-es-salaam is coming, I remade terminal 1 and extended terminal 3), also Zanzibar once I get more photos on how the new terminal looks, i dont think they finished the extended ramp yet)..

Hello Emmanuel,

these are absolute great News.

Thanks a lot for all your efforts - as allways great stuff to be expected out of your "scenery factory":thumbup:

Best regards

Claus-Peter