GMAX-Wie kann ich registrieren?

• Hallo zusammen,

Ich bin immer noch mit den AI Schiffen beschäftigt von Henrik Nielsen.

Bezüglich der Schiffe, welche sich aufgrund der 65565 vertices limit nicht konvertieren lassen, habe ich gelesen, dass man LODs entfernen kann, um die vertices zu reduzieren.

Da die Schiffe mit gmax erstellt wurden, ginge das nur mit dem Programm.

Da das Programm registriert werden muss, wollte ich fragen wie ich das machen kann.

Jedes mal wenn ich den Link anklicke zu Registration, komme ich auf eine unbekannte Seite.

Da ich null Erfahrung habe mit gmax, weiß jemand zufällig wie man LODs entfernt?

Es geht hierbei glaube ich darum, dass die LODs mit geringeren Details, also auf größere Entfernungen, gelöscht werden müssen.

Danke, und ich hoffe auf eure Hilfe.

Gruß

Ahmed

• Ja, natürlich.

Einfach das mdl laden und "Generate LODs" anklicken.

LOD markieren und "remove" drücken.

Gruß aus Bayern

Intel Core I5 7500, Gigabyte B250H, 16GB DDR4, NVDIA Geforce GTX 1050TI 4GB

• Hello "737 Lover" (don't know your actual name, so sorry).

There is a gmax registration workaround. It is noted at FSDeveloper on this page . The software won't be of much use unless you have the original gmax models. If you do have the gmax file, the LOD models will be easy to find When You open gmax because they must follow a specific naming protocol that includes "LOD" in the prefix. I suspect you have the models in a compiled format for FSX or P3D. If that is the case then Gunther is absolutely correct by pointing you to MCX. You will learn how MCX works by finding it and the manual on the FSDeveloper site. As suggested, it is a simply process of elimination and the recompiling the model using the MCX tool. If you don't have the gmax models MCX is also capable of converting the .mdl format to a raw 3ds max file (the full payware version of gmax). From that you can then import the file into gmax. In my experience that is a very labor intensive process. I'd follow Gunther's advice by getting MCX and learn how to use it. Probably your best option.

Good luck,

Greg

Greg_Putz

Regina Canada

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi Ahmed (737 Lover)

I told you before, please sign your posts with your real name! Thank you.

Hallo Ahmed,

wie schon mal geschrieben, möchte ich Dich bitten, Deine Beträge mit deinem realen Namen zu unterzeichnen, Danke.

So viel Höflichkeit sollte unter uns schon sein.

Dedl

Wer bekommt was er mag ist erfolgreich, wer mag was er bekommt, ist glücklich. (M. Luther)

md11---scenery-mapsktkcw.jpg

• Hello Greg,

thank you for your answer.

As I wrote in german in another topic, i want to try convert all AI-ships of Henrik Nielsen. Luckily I was able to convert more than 60 % for FS9 with MCX.

The AI-Ship models were created with GMAX for FSX/P3D.

I have noticed that most military ships, all Superbulker, all Supertanker, all big Special Ships and some Cruise Ships like MSC Sinfonia cant be converted with MCX because of the Vertices limit 65535.

https://s20.directupload.net/images/210506/yu6nnhjg.png

I have made a list of AI-Ship models which cant be converted, in the AI Traffic (AI-Ship) section. See post #51.

AI Ship traffic von Hendrik Nielsen für FS9

I followed the suggestion of Günther and found the "Generate LOD" function in MCX. But i really dont know which settings i have to change.

I have changed the LODs from 100 to 80 for example and noticed that many detals on the ship were removed.

My goal is to remove only as much details as necessary, so that i still can see many details on the ship. Of course also making it convertible in MCX to FS9 model.

In other words, I want to remove the LODs which are not so detailed to reduce the vertices.

So i stuck here and I dont know which settings i have to make.

https://s16.directupload.net/images/210506/n5rd7wbt.png

Thank you and Greetings

Ahmed

Hallo Günther,

ich habe z.B. die FunKtion

From 100

to LOD 85 geändert

Unten habe ich unter "Change LOD" den Wert von 10 auf 85 geändert.

Mehrere Details wurden entfernt, aber trotzdem konnte ich nicht das Schiff konvertieren.

Muss man das Model vorher speichern oder kann man direkt zu Export Object gehen?

Wenn man vorher speichern muss, wie kann ich das speichern?

Ich weiß wirklich nicht welche Rädchen ich drehen muss, damit es funktioniert.

Ich hoffe, dass ich mit eurer Hilfe, dass Problem trotzdem irgendwie lösen kann.

Danke und viele Grüße

Ahmed

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von 737 Lover (6. Mai 2021 02:33)

• Es funktioniert nur, wenn der Designer verschiedene LODs im MDL programmiert hat.

Dann kann man alle ausser der höchsten LOD entfernen und so die Anzahl verringern. Siehe Bild:

lod2kbkox.jpg

Leider hat Nielsen nur LOD 100. Wenn man da etwas ändert, verliert man Details.

Gruß aus Bayern

Intel Core I5 7500, Gigabyte B250H, 16GB DDR4, NVDIA Geforce GTX 1050TI 4GB

• Hello Ahmed

I think what you need to do is remove the highly detailed LODS so the model is more suitable for AI or scenery use in FS2004. At 60K triangles that is a very polygon intensive model you have there for a scenery object or AI ship. If MCX will not export to FS2004 because of the size of the model then the place to start is by deleting the most detailed LODS to get it under the limit.

Did this model originally have LODS? In the screen shot it only has a single LOD. Changing the LOD number is useless if you have only the one. What you could do is use MCX to make the LODS if the ship model has no LODS to begin with. The problem is it is impossible to control what detail is eliminated using MCX. Start by changing the LOD number of that 60K model to something like 500 or higher. Then make progressively less detailed LOD models using the MCX tool going down to say 50, reducing the LOD number by half with each step. Once you are done you can decide which of the LODS you want to keep.

Here is a good illustration of how LODS should be created and how they can benefit performance of a detailed model. Unfortunately there there is no way to change LODS with surgical precision using the MCX tool. As the site says, there is no magical button to make LODS. "You've got to build the LOD models yourself" MCX is useful but you have to be prepared to accept its limitations.

Not sure what you mean by "saving the model beforehand." What you need to do is export the model as a FS2004 MDL scenery object or FS2004 MDL aircraft object. If these models are meant to operate like AI aircraft then the later is likely the preferred option. I've only worked with scenery objects so can't help you with issues associated with exporting AI models.

Greg

Greg_Putz

Regina Canada

• It only works if the designer has programmed different LODs in the MDL.

Then you can remove all but the highest LOD and thus reduce the number.

Unfortunately Nielsen only has LOD 100. If you change something, you lose details.

Gunther, it appears that he can not export the model to FS2004 format because it is too big (judging from one of the screen shots). If the model originally had multiple LODS then the place to start is by shaving off the very detailed levels of detail. If the model had only the one LOD, as it seems, then I think we agree Ahmed's only option is to use the MCX tool to make LODS. But, we've both said, he won't be able to pick and choose what detail gets eliminated or even how the model will appear once MCX has removed polygons. There is a good chance the model will end up contorted.

Greg

Greg_Putz

Regina Canada