Bilder und Impressionen aus dem FS2004

• Die Dreamfleet Archer ist auch ein Topmodel Oli. Aus welchem Grund auch immer, bekomme ich das Original Panel auf meinem Windows 7,
    64-bit System nicht mehr zum laufen (vermutlich Reality XP).

@Andreas: Wie Du vielleicht auf den Screenshots gesehen hast, funktionieren die Nav-Instrumente nicht, sie bleiben schwarz.

The Dreamfleet GPS-related gauges at that time used a GPS simulator created by Garmin to help educate Garmin GPS users on the operation of the units. While the gauges were okay, the Garmin simulator was the culprit - that was the component that would no longer run. I think it was a 16-bit application.

The problem with the Dreamfleet Archer extended beyond that. Many of the switches would not longer operate once a user had moved to a 64-bit platform. Bits were missing from the panel entirely, and some features of the simulation would no longer work.

I contacted Dreamfleet about it at the time, and their response was to discontinue support. It's the problem of reliance on 3rd parties. Sometimes we get the rug pulled from under us. I've no doubt that Dreamfleet could have invested in encapsulating the Garmin unit in some way, to allow it to operate as it used to across platforms. I think they just decided that they'd gotten the sales from it that they needed.

It's a real pity, since I remember it being a very nice simulation of the aircraft family that I learned to fly on, probably the best one.

“Every word has consequences. Every silence, too.” - Sartre

• Das ist mir jetzt furchtbar peinlich

Dazu besteht absolut kein Anlass Oli.
    Es hätte ja sein können, das es noch irgendeinen Nachtrag zu den Montana Unleashed gegeben hätte, der mir entgangen war.
    Das ist ja jetzt geklärt.

Lieben Gruß
    Andreas

“That’s one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind.” (Neil A. Armstrong)

• Ich werde bei Gelegenheit nach diesen Instruktionen suchen und sie hier ins Forum stellen. Vielleicht schafft es ja jemand von unseren Cracks hier...

Ich kann mich auch vage daran erinnern, aber wir reden nicht von diesem Beitrag vom 05.02.2020 aus unserem Forum?

g a p u t z
    5. Februar 2020 20:32

Lieben Gruß
    Andreas

“That’s one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind.” (Neil A. Armstrong)

• Richard, you are only partially correct.

The original Garmin Trainer was 16-bit applications, as were original RealityXP Garmin 430 and 530 units. These, along with a few other RealityXP products (Apollo GPS comes to mind) do not work on Windows 64-bit platforms. I have the follow-on Garmin Trainer running happily on both my WIN 7-64 and WIN 10-64 computers and it runs the RealityXP WAAS Garmin 430 and 530 units without issue. As I mentioned previously, all the Flightline gauges work on modern platforms. I use them and the WAAS GPS units in numerous aircraft. I love these gauges.

Here is a screen shot of the Garmin on my WIN 10 computer as we speak.

image.png

In theory you should be able to swap out the 16-bit items for the newer RealityXP units in your Dreamfleet aircraft. As noted, those who bought the Dreamfleet aircraft without the RealityXP gauges have no problem modifying the panel to take the newer RealityXP gauges and units (these used default instruments and GPS) . If you bought the delux versions of Dreamfleet aircraft that came bundled with the RealityXP, it is very difficult to make the swap.

You will recall that when you bought one of the delux versions of Dreamfleet aircraft all the gauges were installed in a separate folder that prevented them from working in any other aircraft. The key to them working in the Dreamfleet delux models was a specific gauge that controlled everything. For the Beech A36, I think it is this gauge: RealityXP_FL430XP_DFA36!DEV_SELECT_SWITCH (I might have it wrong, it has been sometime since I worked on this). To make a long story short, this gauge (or something else) is the reason why simply swapping out gauges is a difficult nut to crack. Even eliminating it causes some basic switches to become non-functional. I have my Dreamfleet A36 working with replacement gauges but some switches and cockpit gauge lights are none functional.

Apparently someone did find a solution but it disappeared from the internet before I found it. I am hoping Oli has this silver bullet.

Greg_Putz

Regina Canada

• Hi Greg and Oli,

In fact, I also ordered the Dreamfleet models wich came bundled with the RealityXP back then.
    I'm currently using "alias panels" to use the Dreamfleet aircraft. But now I'll try to integrate the standard gauges into the Dreamfleet panels using the FS Panel Studio.

Regards
    Andreas

• Andreas, best of luck. I really hope you are successful. I tried that, as explained here and here in the other thread.

I stand to be corrected, but I think there is something inherent in the file dfa36ec.gau that is causing the problem (installed in the FS2004/Gauges folder - equivalent files for Baron etc) . I don't know anything about gauges or even how to open that file. As I mentioned, even after I replaced every gauge in the A36, it still had issues. I think it comes down to the "DFA36!DEV_SELECT_SWITCH" (you can see it referenced in the panel cfg file). Seems it is necessary but to run the airplane properly but it must have something to do the old 16-bit gauges, which we know will not work at all). I eliminated the file but lost the 2D panel and some functionality in the cockpit (see links above). Having said that, I hope you can figure it out and get further than I did. Guenther was able to get it functioning I think. So maybe it is my problem only.

I think the easiest solution is using the gauges and arrangement that came with the lite version. There wouldn't be any connection to RealityXp in the basic gauges.

Please let us know if you have success.

Greg

Greg_Putz

Regina Canada

• I think the easiest solution is using the gauges and arrangement that came with the lite version.

This version is probably no longer available if I am correctly informed. Of course it would be the most elegant solution.

I tried that, as explained here and here in the other thread.

Maybe I should read everything first, because unfortunately I'm a "blank slate" when it comes to gauges.
    Günther's expert contribution on this topic is highly professional and certainly exceeds my experience in this area
    (Günther, now I also understand your "Thumbs Up" on my post, hehe https://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/konfus/g079.gif).
    Of course I can still try, because sometimes "even a blind chicken finds a grain".

Regards
    Andreas