Attraktive Bemalung für die POSKY A330-200 "Government of Canada"

• The Royal Canadian Air Force has ordered nine A330s to replace the fleet of five ancient A310s. None are in service yet so those textures are speculative (as far as I know.) The Canadian Prime Minister was delayed in India after the G20 conference because the A310 painted in the VIP markings broke down again. That might speed up entry of service of the first four, which are not new but purchased second hand.

Greg_Putz

Regina Canada

• The livery seems to be on the money, apart - presently - from the tail #. Ex-Kuwait Airways. On seeing that, I wondered whether it might be from the Government of Kuwait fleet, but it's a regular airliner (ex-).

9K-APC Government of Canada Airbus A330-243
    9K-APC Government of Canada Airbus A330-243 photographed at Basle / Mulhouse / Freiburg Euro Airport (BSL / LFSB / MLH) by Stefan Gschwind
    www.planespotters.net

“Every word has consequences. Every silence, too.” - Sartre

• Thanks for the information and again, a beautiful livery in combination with the elegant A 330.

I assume, that the tail number was not yet known at the time the FS9 livery was created.

Best

Andreas

“That’s one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind.” (Neil A. Armstrong)

• I remember flying on one of those 310's CYYZ-CYYC back in the day when it was a Canadian Airlines that still had a partial Wardair livery before they passed it on to the government.

C-GJWD

• Richard, thanks for the picture. I had no idea they were so far along with painting the second hand planes. I have to congratulate the painter for being so quick off the mark.

One of the RCAF CC-150s (15003) is in Guam, where it was badly damaged when it rolled into a French A400 transport. I'm told it is likely to be scrapped on site because the repairs are to extensive and costly given the imminent entry to service of the first two A330s this autumn. Too bad, my favourite CC-150 livery is on 15003. By the way, I repainted most of the fleet for the CLS model. They can be found at AVSIM via links here at the forum.

Greg

Greg_Putz

Regina Canada

• I remember flying on one of those 310's CYYZ-CYYC back in the day when it was a Canadian Airlines that still had a partial Wardair livery before they passed it on to the government.

C-GJWD

I used to see these Wardair aircraft at Manchester England most summer weekends in the 70s (I was schooling there while my parents worked in Europe) until Wardair upgauged to 747s, presumably to compete with Canadian Pacific on the same run. If I recall correctly, Wardair started to Manchester with 727-100s and really made something of that route given the equipment sizes and increased frequencies over time.

@Greg The livery is working under 9K-APC so I guess it is not a logical route to finding it via the tail number right now! I just chanced across it when looking for the RCAF designation. That'll be a sad and ignominious end for 13003 if deemed beyond economic repair. I'm surprised thaht the retirement date was as far out as 4 years time, given the number of tech issues that are now coming up (the back end of the "bathtub curve" is upon them all).

“Every word has consequences. Every silence, too.” - Sartre

• All of the second hand A330s, save the VIP airframe featured in this thread (although that is not clear yet), will be converted to MRTT configuration. Likely the reason for the long gestation period. Additionally, four new MRTTs have been ordered from Airbus, as pointed out in the article. The RCAF did acquire a number of the ex-Luftwaffe A310s, when that air force recently retired the type. Those airframes were expected to be parted-out. Another reason the RCAF hopes to have the CC-150s soldier on for some more years - at least the MRTT variants.

I was lucky enough to see Max Ward in person but just by chance. I was wandering around the float plane base at Yellowknife back in 1988, when I took notice of a red and blue Twin Otter. A couple of guys were rolling fuel drums into the cabin. Well, it just so happened one of fellows was Max Ward himself. He kept a Twin Otter in the old Wardair bush airline division livery and used it to get people and supplies to his summer cabin in the bush somewhere around Yellowknife. It is not well known that Max Ward went on to help found a new airline after he sold Wardair to Canadian Airlines International. It was, and is, called Morningstar. Morningstar was a partnership with another Canadian bush aviation notable, Brooker-Wheaton (also owned car dealerships). The airline was named for Ward's wife, Marjorie,who he nicknamed "Morningstar". A Morningstar ATR in Fedex markings flew over my house this morning so his legacy lives on.

Wow, really got off on a tangent there....

Greg_Putz

Regina Canada

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von g a p u t z (16. September 2023 21:03)