Beta KSLC is out for fs9

• Been tinkering with the AF2 file mainly since I got it last week. All in all very nice and very updated to the current layout.

link deleted * Dedl *

Greg

Greg Peters

KGRR Michigan

• Hello both Greg's :)

What shall we do? Shall we remove the link to the scenery in post #1?

Ready for action...

Cheers
    Dedl

Wer bekommt was er mag ist erfolgreich, wer mag was er bekommt, ist glücklich. (M. Luther)

md11---scenery-mapsktkcw.jpg

• You wont hurt my feelings if you remove the link Dedl. Greg and I have already been talking in a PM but I was a bit skeptical about the YWG libraries that were used when I first saw them. It won't get rid of the problem but we don't need to endorse the behavior here either..

Greg

Greg Peters

KGRR Michigan

• Dedl, I see you removed the link. I was going to say you don't need to do anything because I know the character of the members of this team forum. But, happy you removed it. This sort of thing is always a risk when you put something out in the public domain. I leave it to individuals to decide for themselves but I just wanted call out this unethical behavior so people can decide accordingly. Also a warning that a lot of grief can be caused by cobbling together libraries of objects from other sceneries without changing the GUIDs. David Rawlins got to the point in very simple language, in his response on the fellow's Facebook page. The peril of reusing GUIDS of objects in other scenery has been discussed here in this forum many times. The sad thing is this fellow could have asked me in the first place and likely would have let him use my objects but with the standard proviso of no redistribution for profit. But he didn't and he has been called out on this a numerous times in the past and just not by me.

Greg_Putz

Regina Canada

• We all get wiser through experience...

I like David Rawlins clear words in a "simple language". In my opinion it was very well said - just to the point.

Please give my regards also to him

Dedl

Wer bekommt was er mag ist erfolgreich, wer mag was er bekommt, ist glücklich. (M. Luther)

md11---scenery-mapsktkcw.jpg

• Did "Studio F" exist years ago as FRF Studio? If so, I can join the list of people ripped off, as I had one or two of my "lite" airports ripped off entirely by FRF. One I had to approach Avsim about, the other I got him to withdraw for himself. "But you gave permission for x and I assumed that applied to everything...".

I've had this happen to me in the music arena as well, people adamant that they'd had this great idea that I could prove existed even before the project started. "People who can, do. People who can't, try to take the credit!"

I'm sorry that Greg has had this happen (and I seem to think this has happened more than once). It does not leave a good taste behind...

I like David's directness. If he said that kind of thing to me, I'd just have to admit I was at fault.

“Every word has consequences. Every silence, too.” - Sartre

• This was posted a few minutes ago on his Facebook page: