DC-10 Panel for FS2004 available from Ed's Panel Shop

• Hello Ed,

1)

I am not sure but regarding the MACH number indicator, it should be active way earlier.

It is difficult to see, but it seems like the MACH number starts to count up during take off.

But I could be wrong.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

2)

Regarding the fuel cutoff switch sound, you can hear in this video that it is noticable, when it is beeing moved.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

3)

Does the FLAP DIAL function work in your panel?

It is a cool feature which is also availible in the PMDG MD-11.

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von 737 Lover (29. November 2023 16:04)

• Hello Ahmed,

1, The minimum mach readout is .150

2, Implemented

3, Not at the moment. PMDG have not implemented it properly either. Check the number of flap positions in the PMDG MD-11 aircraft cfg. There should be fifteen dial-a flap positions between 10 and 25degs alone.... there is only a total of 9 flap positions between 0 and 50 degs in the cfg.

I could implement it. For the DC-10 I would need flap positions between 1 and 25 plus all the rest.

A bit of cunning coding and PMDG can eat my shorts!

Regards

Ed

• Hello Ahmed,

1, The minimum mach readout is .150

2, Implemented

Hello Ed,

1)

So was it working correctly before I pointed that out?

Or did you implement that now, beginning from MACH .150 ?

It should start at around 97 knots or so ground speed, coreect?

3)

Interesting, I never noticed that in the aircraft.cfg

So I asume you already have all the complex tables for the DC-10 to program that.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von 737 Lover (29. November 2023 22:59)

• Hello Ahmed,

1; How silly of me pointing out the minimum mach readout is 0.15 when I had not implemented it myself!

The ASI gauge is probably very similar to a gauge I use on the 747 and I had not checked the mach min. Thanks to your sharp eye it is now corrected. https://www.animierte-gifs.net/data/media/1897/animiertes-danke-thank-you-smilies-bild-0003.gif

3; Complex tables? Mine is not a study level sim. I am of the opinion that the FDE is the most important part of the sim.....without a half decent FDE you have nothing no matter how beautiful the model is. I don't think you are going to get a Level D FDE out of FS2004 (or any of the later sims).

I believe in having fun. My FDE is good enough to feel like it's realistic fun but would I notice the difference between a flap 14 and flap 15 takeoff? No I don't think so. Will I be looking up tables for optimum flap settings .....no.^^

I like a challenge so I will implement dial-a-flap but honestly flap 15 if you are heavy flap 5 if your'e not is perfectly adequate IMO.

Ahmed, I love your constructive critique. Please keep it coming.

regards

Ed

• 1)

Do you know if it is possible to keep the center gear retracted?

I know that in the PMDG MD-11 it is possible to do that. It is recommended to keep the center body gear retracted if the aircraft is below a certain maximum gross weight.

It saves the life of the tyres, wheels, brakes and the mechanical and hydraulic components.

In the MD-11 you need to push a button first before you pull the landing gear lever down.

But I have no infos about how it is done in the DC-10.

Did you know that in real life it is forbidden to put chocks at the center body gear?

Otherwise structural damages can occure during a loading process, because the center gear would be unable to travel.

I asume that it is the case with all aircrafts which have a center body gear.

2)

Have you programmed a WXR Test in your DC-10?

3)

Have you programmed sounds for fuel pumps, hydraulic pumps inside and outside?

APU sound outside

RAM Air Inlets outside

HiLo Chime for the Cabin

TCAS Test (TCAS test ok, TCAS test fail with necessary condition)

4)

Regarding Radio Panel I have noticed that you programmed a normal panel.

I think it has a 25kHz range.

But have you considered to program a 8.33kHz Radio Range Panel as an option?

In that case you have three numbers behind the dot.

For example 132.830

But if you are going to program that, keep in mind to program the rounding errors, too.

Otherwise it would not be realistic.

Check the radio pedestal here at 4:13

Externer Inhalt youtu.be

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von 737 Lover (1. Dezember 2023 09:00)

• I asume that it is the case with all aircrafts which have a center body gear

No, not exactly. This procedure is peculiar to DC-10s and MD-11s as the center gear is slightly tilted forward in the extended position. For that reason it is moving in the forward direction when the airplane is being loaded or fueled. On the center gear the piston bearing had to be rotated at regular intervals as there were always higher forces on the front face.

To my knowledge the DC-10 also could be operated with the center gear retracted, just like the MD-11. This of course resulted in reduced operational weights but also in lower landing fees ;)

OneDrive

Cheers Kali

»Imagine there’s no countries / It isn’t hard to do / Nothing to kill or die for / And no religion, too / Imagine all the people / Livin’ life in peace.«

John Lennon

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti / 32 GB DDR-4 SDRAM / MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C37) / Windows 11

• Schau mal hier bei AVSIM.Com:

• cls_dc10x_varig_nc_ppvmb.zip
    • cls_dc10x_varig_ppvms.zip

Gute Flug nach Rio und schöne Grüße
    Dedl

Wer bekommt was er mag ist erfolgreich, wer mag was er bekommt, ist glücklich. (M. Luther)

md11---scenery-mapsktkcw.jpg