DC-10 Panel for FS2004 available from Ed's Panel Shop

• Surprise, Surprise. Just saw this on simmarket https://secure.simmarket.com/eds-panel-shop…el-fs2004.phtml :)

Cheers Kali

»Imagine there’s no countries / It isn’t hard to do / Nothing to kill or die for / And no religion, too / Imagine all the people / Livin’ life in peace.«

John Lennon

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti / 32 GB DDR-4 SDRAM / MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C37) / Windows 11

• Hello Ed,

Congratulations to your first payware addon.

The panel deserves a spectacular promotion video.

I like the Throttle quadrant by the way!

Does the panel come with different custom options?

Is there also a Rear Right View 2D bmp?

It would be cool to see optional the engineers panel from the Captains seat.

Also the REAR view where you can see the Flightdeck door.

I hope you will offer more panels in the future, Ed.

Like A306/A310, A350/A380, AN-124, IL-76.

Thanks and greetings.

P.S.

Do the tutorial videos only come with the purchased panel?

• Just purchased this one!

I know Ed is a master of panel design, but I see that this does not have a widescreen option, just 4:3 ratio. I will have to see what I can do...

Looks great though!

Graeme

Graeme

Sydney Australia

• Hello guys,

I'm struggling to make ends meet these days so I thought I try a release.

Cooooeee it is very difficult to try and "finish" a panel. In my mind it is not finished of course but I put in some serious hours to get it to a level that others might understand and enjoy.

I was set a time limit by my wife so right now there is just the one configuration in 4:3 ratio.

Free time to work on other panels or configurations will depend how the release goes ...or my finances.

Panel design "for me anyway" takes a ridiculous amount of time.

@ Ahmed

I can make a rear right 2D

Tutorial vids come with the panel.

I can make a systems test video for you and post it here.

My philosophy on panel design is capture the essence of the aircraft and it must be fun to fly ... . I believe the panel is just that. Plenty of shortcuts in it.

File an fsflightplan, the Delco INS will auto update. There a default GPS unit. Auto vspeeds and trim for takeoff and landing. One click and your aircraft is set. One more click plus autothrottle (it's not default autothrottle) and your power rating is set. You will rotate and climb out smoothly...next bit is exciting and busy as you are doing the work of two pilots.

Gear up, select INS tracking, select climb thrust and press N1 switch remembering to start to push the nose down as the engines spool down a bit. Set Vspeed selector to 1000ft/m and follow the fight director as your speed gains retract flaps.

The experience is very realistic and far from default flight (apart from you doing two pilots work)

The rest is easy, set autopilot , you have IAS mode to help you auto climb.

Fuel management is easy and fun.

Approach is easy, realistic and fun too

I could do a lot more systems work...pressurisation etc but honestly... I just want to takeoff and land with a glass of wine in between.^^

Regards

Ed

P.S If anyone does use my panel please ask me for a decent airfile.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von edetroit (23. November 2023 05:54)

• Hello Ed,

What I would do now is working on the marketing.

In my opinion you should mention everything that you have simulated and put a list of all systems to the product description.

This is exactly what other aircraft addon developers like PMDG and other do.

For example you could mention:

Photorealistic main panel

Photorealistic sub panels (16 sub panels total) 🤥

Photorealistic interactive sideviews

Beautiful Night Effects and panels illumination

TCAS II with all aural resolution advisories (except: LEVEL OFF LEVEL OFF). Also test function is availible.

Weather radar (test only)

EGPWS (with test function)

Reactive Windshear (part of the EGPWS)

DELCO INS

Honeywell TRA-45A

Virtual Copliot

Virtual Flight Engineer

Moving sun visors

Speed bugs can be set manually or automatically

Animated automatic throttle

Complete Flight Mode annunciators

Flight Director

Autopilot with (all simulated modes)

Ect ect

Also you should create a special release video for your youtube channel with scenic recordings.

In the video you would show the list of all programmed and simulated systems like mentioned above.

I guess that many users and visitors of your YT channel havent noticed that you sell the DC-10 panel.

Greetings.

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von 737 Lover (23. November 2023 20:14)

• Works excellently Ed.:thumbup::thumbup:
    Thank you very much for the publication. This whets the appetite for more https://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/konfus/g079.gif.

Best
    Andreas

“That’s one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind.” (Neil A. Armstrong)

• Hello Ed,

Does the fuel cutoff switch that you move up during engine start have a sound file?

May be it should have its own sound file.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von 737 Lover (25. November 2023 08:40)