AIG will end UTT 787 livery support

• Hello,

Unfortunatly more aircraft models will be abandoned by the painters at AIG.

Soon, AIG will release new 787 family models, which will replace the UTT 787-8, -9, -10.

It means that it will become even more difficult to get new repaints for the UTT 787-8, -9 models, which exist for FS9, too.

Hopefully, Arno and his testing team will succeed regarding conversions of AI planes for FS9 with his MCX tool.

Greetings.

• 737 Lover 5. März 2024 07:39

Hat den Titel des Themas von „AIG wll end UTT 787 livery support“ zu „AIG will end UTT 787 livery support“ geändert.
  • Yesterday, the AIG models and many repaints were released.

Many new textures were uploaded at Jürgenbaumbusch.de and Kyle s AI Works.

I hope that Arno and his testing team will find a way to convert AI planes with MCX.

• Ich glaube Arno und andere Experten arbeiten weiter hart am MCX, um ihm die Konvertierung von P3D Modellen beizubringen und berücksichtigen wohl auch den FS2004. "gapeters" aus unserem Forum ist auch beteiligt :)

Experiences with FS2004 aircraft import/export
    I was discussing some issues and experiences with importing and exporting FS2004 aircraft with @gsnde and since this might contain useful information for…
    www.fsdeveloper.com

LG Kali

»Imagine there’s no countries / It isn’t hard to do / Nothing to kill or die for / And no religion, too / Imagine all the people / Livin’ life in peace.«

John Lennon

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti / 32 GB DDR-4 SDRAM / MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C37) / Windows 11

• Ich glaube Arno und andere Experten arbeiten weiter hart am MCX, um ihm die Konvertierung von P3D Modellen beizubringen und berücksichtigen wohl auch den FS2004. "gapeters" aus unserem Forum ist auch beteiligt :)

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/…-export.458126/

LG Kali

Hallo Michael,

Ich weiß, dass gapeters mit aktiv am Testen ist.

Weescotty aus dem MAIW Forum hat dort auch angekündigt, seine AI F-16 Modelle für den FS9 kompatibel zu machen mit Hilfe des MCX.

Ich nutze aus Realitätsgründen persönlich auch einige Military AI Maschinen.

Ich habe von Weescotty die UAEAF Flotte installiert bisher, die damals auch für den FS9 kam.

Die meisten nachfolgenden Modelle waren aber nicht kompatibel mit FS9, was sich vielleicht bald ändert.

Dennoch gibt es extrem viele Probleme zu lösen mit dem MCX.

Es hat sich bei der aktuellesten developer Version herausgestellt, dass einige Konvertierungen von Gebäuden nicht richtig funktionieren.

Deshalb ist es ratsam eine ältere Version als Backup zu haben.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von 737 Lover (4. April 2024 04:32)

• So it has been an interesting road of AI conversions for me. I have successfully converted the AIG A330-800/900 NEO's, the UTT 787-10, the UTT A350-900/1000, the AIG Embraer Legacy 600 and a few other small ones as a test. Each one has been a slightly different process but it is fairly straightforward now that I have a flow down. Just like Dedl's scenery conversions, there are limitations and issues for each model and really as MCX keeps getting updated (the developmental version) sometimes something that worked last time does not in the next.

Perfect example would be this weeks conversion of the A350-900. I had done the -1000 a few months ago and it went really easy for the most part, but when I tried to do the -900 there was an issue with some of the gear animations (that really were still in my original -1000 conversion but I had not seen until this issue) that was present after Arno updated MCX. It created an issue with leftover animations for wing flex that needed to be removed. I now know how to remove those but it was an area I had not delved into so I had to learn new tricks myself!

We shall see how much more can be made so its an 'easy' conversion but at this point, there is a fair amount of manual editing of materials and model properties that will be an issue for some. And each new model creates different issues as they are released. The brand new AIG 787's are out and I fairly quickly tried a conversion and much of it was just like the other models so it was looking pretty promising except for the last issue of the engine fan blades not displaying at all.. have a couple ideas to try later but like I said each one is just a little different.

Also exporting from a native FSX model and converting to FS9 is the best route, and the new AIG models that are and continue to be released are no longer going to be in a FSX format, just P3d V4.4 and upwards so there is some PBR texture stuff for sure that might need to be worked out (which is what I think is the case with the engine blades).

Please do not ask for me to send my conversions for a couple reasons.. Not sure these are even close to final versions in the conversion process and things evolve with MCX and while not payware, there still is a permission issue that I have not even approached to see if there would be any issues in sharing. I have not even previewed any of my work in the AIG forums as most have moved on to the newer sims so the 'interested' crowd would be thin anyways. I do plan to show it off soonish just to show what can happen in the dino sim!

For anyone who wants to try it out, there is plenty of reading in the fsdeveloper forum with regards to this topic which the link is up above and would just say give it a shot and see how it goes. If your looking for something easy that requires no work then you might be barking up the wrong tree :). I literally spent a few hours yesterday alone just working through the issues in what I described above.

Hope this answers some mystery to what has been going on and will try to help as time permits..

Greg

Greg Peters

KGRR Michigan

• This was a part of my reasoning for freezing my AI setup in 2019, the main one being the amount of work needed to simply stay "current", and the loss of carriers in the years immediately prior (think Monarch, Flybe, and Thomas Cook in the UK alone - and that was before Covid).

Consequently any concern about the community migration to newer models was moot. The only carriers I was interested in were already painted on the existing models, so a model migration was not particularly an issue.

I think the only AI aircraft that are on non-typical models are a couple of B78X for BAW, and a similar number of A35K for VIR. Those are on Camsim. So, for me, undergoing a conversion process for a half-dozen airframes is probably not great use of time!

I guess if distribution permissions came up and I got back into FS (presently on hiatus) I would "dot that i".

It's one reason for improving my repainting over the past year, if I want to see something on an older model, I need to get out the old paintbrushes. My Falcons will be supplanted over the next year or two, although I may re-map them to a version that uses (converted) DFAI textures, and run those in parallel. Free repaints! That's a long way off yet. Who knows, the DFAI remakes might use my format and save me the job! :)

“Every word has consequences. Every silence, too.” - Sartre