FS9 ground textures

• Hello all, im looking to change my ground textures on fs9. I've seen the post about FS9 Evo, but I'm unsure of how to acquire it. GE Pro is a little outdated. Any recommendations?

• Hello all, im looking to change my ground textures on fs9. I've seen the post about FS9 Evo, but I'm unsure of how to acquire it. GE Pro is a little outdated. Any recommendations?

Hi there!

EVO is still available, you'll have to contact the author by email. He will ask you a small donation through PayPal. Someone here (in another thread I can't remember now) mentioned what would be a proper ammount.. but you can always ask :)

I'll send you his email on a PM.

Cheers!

Joao

• I spent 20€ on FS9Evo textures last year, but I must admit, in my case it was a waste of money. The landscape (at least on my computer and with my graphic settings) looked too greenish and not very realistic. On Harald's screenshots FS9Evo looks really good, for whatever reason.

So this is just my personal view, perhaps someone else can comment as well.

Kali

»Imagine there’s no countries / It isn’t hard to do / Nothing to kill or die for / And no religion, too / Imagine all the people / Livin’ life in peace.«

John Lennon

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti / 32 GB DDR-4 SDRAM / MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C37) / Windows 11

• Surely the textures simply respond to the land classification in any particular area. If none of the texture systems render the ground in the right way, it might need to have somebody go to that area and amend the landclass values.

I used Ground2k4 many years ago to amend the landclasses around Abu Dhabi and VTPedit some things like coastlines to create better islands. Cities can be extended or made more hi-rise, etc. I was encouraged by an earlier experiment to make the Palms and "The World" at Dubai. Found by search at flightsim.com for "palms dubai" and you get the city modification as well (the Sheik Zayed Road based on the supplied Gmax models from Flytampa). That was the first thing I ever made in Gmax, the additions to the Flytampa base models.

These squares of surface all have a number describing what's in them, suburbs, rural, hi-rise etc. There are also waterclasses for inland waterways, coasts, deep sea etc.

Landclass Editing in FS9 | CalClassic Forum
    Tom As the new OEDR sticks out like a sore thumb in the surrounding landc
    calclassic.proboards.com

Mind you, if ever an area without trees could use a photoscenery, it's the Sahara. It's easy to live without autogen when there isn't that much missing. I think Joao did some landclassing recently, if I recall.

“Every word has consequences. Every silence, too.” - Sartre

• Landclass Editing in FS9 | CalClassic Forum Tom As the new OEDR sticks out like a sore thumb in the surrounding landc calclassic.proboards.com

Richard, unfortunately the link to the calclassic forum returns an error 1005. Don't know whats wrong.

Kali

»Imagine there’s no countries / It isn’t hard to do / Nothing to kill or die for / And no religion, too / Imagine all the people / Livin’ life in peace.«

John Lennon

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti / 32 GB DDR-4 SDRAM / MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C37) / Windows 11

• Landclass Editing in FS9 | CalClassic Forum Tom As the new OEDR sticks out like a sore thumb in the surrounding landc calclassic.proboards.com

Richard, unfortunately the link to the calclassic forum returns an error 1005. Don't know whats wrong.

Kali

Hi Kali,

It is working for me...

Here again https://calclassic.proboards.com/thread/10410/landclass-editing-fs9

• Hi Joao, this is what get:

Error 1005

Ray ID: 7bc0b03639ca6dd7 • 2023-04-22 20:41:34 UTC

Access denied

What happened?

The owner of this website (calclassic.proboards.com) has banned the autonomous system number (ASN) your IP address is in (9009) from accessing this website.

I have no idea what I can do about it.

Michael

John Lennon