Athens ATH/LGAV Rwy 03R arrival Avient DC-10-30F

• Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Hello Ed,

One of my favoirite DC-10 videos is, when you flew from OMDB to DNMM.

I liked the color of the sky and how you did the african/nigerian accent of the atc.

Also i like the SANDEL Terrain Display.

Is there also a KC-10 version availible of the DC-10 model?

Do you know this video from Travis AFB?

Externer Inhalt youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I like the MD-10, too. But it looks like only ORBIS operates the last or one of the last examples.

Federal Express has phased out all of them, if I am not wrong.

Unfortunatly a dozen of MD-11F will be phased out at FedEx, soon.

That is what I red this week.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von 737 Lover (29. Juni 2023 17:53)

• Hello Ed,

One of my favoirite DC-10 videos is, when you flew from OMDB to DNMM.

I liked the color of the sky and how you did the african/nigerian accent of the atc.

Also i like the SANDEL Terrain Display.

Is there also a KC-10 version availible of the DC-10 model?

Thank you Ahmed,

Unfortunately the genius that is the Reality-XP Sandel ST3400 does not appear to work on my new rig.

Z-ARL sported that config so now I'm simulating Z-ALT which uses a Honeywell TRA-45A for Terrain display /radio Alt indicator.

(The gauge top left next to the ASI in my panel) I will simulate the RA part of the gauge but terrain display is poor in FS9.(Unless you are Reality-XP)

CLS did make a KC-10 https://secure.simmarket.com/cls-dc10-collection-fs2004.phtml

Thank you for the video, I had not seen it before.

Regards

Ed

• What you are seeing in the video is auto throttle throughout the landing.

Autopilot is switched off but autothrottle is left on.

At 47 feet the far left FMA reads retard and the throttles are automatically retarded ...slowly at first then speeded up to full cut.

On selecting reverse thrust the auto throttles will automatically disconnect.

I like manual control but this way one does not have to worry about a lack of (or too much) airspeed on finals....

Regards

Ed

• Have you contacted Reality-XP about the registration problem? Do they still exist by the way?

I have watched the video of the preflight twice.

It is very very interesting. More than 32 min the Load Master, I suppose that is his profession, was testing and preparing the flightdeck nonstop.

It is incredible how much you need to remember, so that you can test and set the flightdeck.

Unfortunatly he didnt show in detail how the IRS, are being aligned.

Also you couldnt see much about FMS, PFD and Nav Display and all the modes.

But i think that there might be some functions which you could add in your panels.

It is also interesting how the flight control display shows the movement of the rudder, aileron and elevator, while they were trimed.

May be you like to program the KC-10, too.

I mean for the sake of panel variation, because you didnt make a panel with retrofit PFD and Nav Display, if I am not wrong.

• If you didnt mention the FMA speed mode, I wouldnt have noticed the mode change from Speed to Retard.

Nice feature. I asume that it is new programmed.

In case you didnt have time to watch the whole Preflight checks video for the KC-10, I can highly recommend that to you.

The flight control display is very interesting.

Also the radio panel where they set the callsign.

The Loadmaster mentioned that with ADS-B (like with FR24), you can see the callsign and Flightnumber which he sets on the panel.

I asume that this radio panel has much more features like IFF.

As I am personally a Cockpit Sound enthusiast, I really would love to hear realistic sounds of the DC-10, like Trim Sound, Fire Warning, Stall Warning, takeoff Config, autopilot disengange ect.

In the DC-10 they sound very vintage compared to the MD-11.

Unfortunatly more MD-11F might disappear, soon.

Western Global might stop flights due to financial problems.

Currently they use 17x MD-11F. They are the third biggest MD-11F operator, after UPS and FedEx.

• I have watched your latest DC-10 video, Ed.

Just wow.

I have noticed many differences.

For example:

-Fire warning sound

-the green sun visors

-oscillating ADF arrows

-improved 2D side views

-TCAS display

-small display next to Speed indicator

(Can you explain it? Looks similar to SANDEL)

I think you have programmed much more new details)

The overhead panel looks a bit filthy and needs some cleaning.

Have you thought about adding exhaust heat effects to the engines?

May be you can activate the effects when the OAT is above 25C or so. Or you can increase the intensity.

The autopilot disengage sound is missing, but I know it is difficult to find a realistic AP sound for the DC-10.

Did you get some input for programming from the KC-10 video which I had attached a few months ago?

(Travis AFB)

Greetings.

• Hello Ahmed,

I am very happy you noticed the differences. I have actually been working for 5 weeks solid remaking a lot of what I thought was a nearly finished panel.......no thanks to you of course!^^

I implemented pretty much ALL that you see in the KC-10 preflight video. All the pneumatic tests, all the isolation valve tests, all the motor pump tests....

I may do another video showing them.

Many thanks to you Ahmed for the rare video footage.

The green sun visors was a eureka moment ....I suddenly realised I could make semitransparent 8 bit bitmaps. I might....I say might extend that to wipers that actually wipe the rain away in a 2D panel but that's for another day.

The Delco INS is quite interesting. While it automatically updates the 9 max number of waypoints from an FSFlightplan (I've done my time doing that) It still has a lot of features of the real Delco INS.

The display that looks like a Sandel. It is a Honeywell TRA-45A Radio Altimeter and TAWS. I have implemented the RA part...the TAWS....still thinking about it. I thought I had a manual on it but I cannot find it right now.

s-l1600-3.jpg

My manuals all say there is an autopilot disengage sound. It just never sounds in the videos I watch.^^

Heat haze. I have never seen a worthwhile heat haze effect in FS9.

Regards

Ed

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von edetroit (14. November 2023 19:05)