• For sure I think. Just recently I was searching for a FS2004 compatible Male airport without any success.

Cheers Kali

»Imagine there’s no countries / It isn’t hard to do / Nothing to kill or die for / And no religion, too / Imagine all the people / Livin’ life in peace.«

John Lennon

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti / 32 GB DDR-4 SDRAM / MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C37) / Windows 11

• There is only one very old from LAGO.

The other possibility is converting a payware FSX scenery.

Regarding Mauritius and Seychelles there are Sceneries existing from FSDG, but not for FS9.

For Mauritius ithere exists a nice freeware scenery for FS9, but without the new terminal and new apron.

But the payware Scenery from FSDG does have it.

The only question is, is it possible to convert it for FS9.

• In answer to the question about the scenery made by Hendrik Klon, linked above, this scenery would be incompatible with my effort in every way. It is based on a "concept" and has little relevance to the actual situation at present. If you have it and like it, stay with it.

A FSX scenery by Juergen Huelden seems to be quite accurate for the time it was created. The buildings in the custom objects scenery convert easily to FS9 and the placement seems compatible. One of the hangars has been removed in reality to make way for the new terminal building.

The new main runway is east of the old one, and the old runway is now a taxiway. My Afcad (ADE) will fit onto the default ground scenery. Well almost, the new runway is partially off the grass.

My main aim was to create the island airports not included in FS9 to use with AI. Most of these do not fit onto the atolls or islands in the default scenery. I felt the need to create new islands using the default scenery as a starting point. What has happened is that I am modifying the original HP and HL files and recompiling them. Replacing the originals.

So far, I have redone the default VRMM, VRMG, VRMH, VRMK and VRMT. I only had to add a bit of land to VRMG.

New airports and islands for VRMD, VRMO and VRMU. That covers Manta airways. Ten airports still need to be created to cover the Maldivian Airlines destinations.

John

• Thanks for the detailed info

Male has been changed a lot since we visited it twice about 30 years ago.
    Even Hendrik's looked different to our old Male.

Guenther

Gruß aus Bayern

Intel Core I5 7500, Gigabyte B250H, 16GB DDR4, NVDIA Geforce GTX 1050TI 4GB

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von HGS (31. Januar 2024 08:35)

• I have, I think, built Afcads for all the airports used in AI flight plans for Maldivian Airlines, Manta and Villa Air (FlyMe). Seventeen in total.

The islands on which the airports are built have been created with SBuilder. The SBuilder files have been renamed to replace the AB, HP and HL .bgl's. Scenery Blocks 967290, 967300, 967310 and 967320. Islands not very close to the new airports have not been altered.

I have backed-up the originals.

Is anyone brave enough to test them for island textures, faults and any changes you might want?

Let me know here or on a personal message.

John

PS. These Islands and atolls have changed a lot in the last decade. Land reclamation and dredging. The environmental impact must be huge.

• Dedl

It is pity. No problem.

This is more of a pre-view with feedback. Honest impressions will make the end product more acceptable.

John