Concorde flight simulator

• I have been to the Brooklands Museum many times and have been on the Concorde exhibit there too.

I have also been on the Concorde exhibited in Barbados which IMO is the best in the world but it has closed now for some unknown reason.;(

I did not realise the Brooklands Museum (50 min drive from me) has the only Concorde simulator in the world.

It looks to me like it uses FS2004 as it's sim as well.

Prices are £300 for one hour, £700 for two hours. I have added them (along with the Spitfire) to my birthday present list.^^

Brooklands Museum :: Fly the Concorde Simulator: Silver

Fly the Gold Simulator | Brooklands Museum

Here is a video of a chap making a good effort at taking off and landing at Kai Tak.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Regards

Ed

• What amused me in a documentary about Concorde was the concerns NYC/PNY expressed about Concorde's ability to make the noise abatement turn when departing to the west that keeps it off the coast along Rockaway Beach, knowing that it was a high performance aircraft and likely not able to fly the steep turn at the typical departure speed, which is pretty high. And then it turned out that Concorde flew that turn more easily than the conventional airliners of the era.

It just highlighted to me the genius of that wing, and how it exploited its own vortices.

On my one visit to Brooklands I was struck by the sense of history that hung in the air.

The Concorde experience in Barbados was shuttered due to the costs of upkeep vs the number of people visiting. There was a lot of irritation on the part of the British when Barbados decided that the aircraft would be an open-air exhibit - the Caribbean climate doing what it does to structures of any kind of they are left in the open air for long enough. It's why paint companies are a big deal in the Caribbean! The salt water atmosphere in coastal spots also does aircraft no favors as time passes, so a building was mandatory and that and the air conditioning systems etc just cost a fortune to run. Meanwhile, most passengers simply went to the terminal for their departures. It was terribly under-promoted as well, and not helped by various companies offering departing passengers a full day on the beach after checking in their bags at the hotel before being bussed to Carlisle Bay to swim awhile before a last-minute transfer to the airport where their bags were already through security and awaiting loading.

Last time we tried to get in to see 'AE we realized the place was closed - that was 2020 jut prior to Covid (we were there 6 weeks through January and halfway through February).

The building is reopening as a second terminal for fly-cruise passengers after some conversion work. I assume 'AE will remain there as some kind of centerpiece, maybe with a token admission allowed (it's only a cabin walkthrough anyway). I've no idea whether the building will be extended or that pax will simply be sitting around this aircraft prior to departure.

At least people would finally have no excuses not to see the aircraft!

“Every word has consequences. Every silence, too.” - Sartre

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Ministry of Truth (17. Februar 2024 08:46) aus folgendem Grund: Typo, reg for the BBD Concorde is AE (I've seen it often enough!)

• I was in Barbados in February of 2020 as well, and, like you, was disappointed to find out the Concorde exhibition hall was closed. It would have been the highlight of my vacation.

That is a pretty cool simulator. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Greg_Putz

Regina Canada