Chicago (RFD) to New York (JFK) A300B4-622R(F) plus bonus Stop Rudder Input video

• I could not remember if I has posted this video here so here it is plus:

First a demo of the Stop Rudder Input warning on the A300. The criteria for which is Speed above 195 knots and hard left then right rudder within 2 seconds.

In the video I start with hard left/right rudder but NOT within two seconds, then left/right within 2 seconds, then right/left within two seconds.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Regards

Ed

• Hello Ed,

You can create the callout 500 FIVE HUNDRED very easy.

Just take callout 400, delete four and add 5.

Edit 1:

Did you also program ground test for STOP RUDDER INPUT?

Condition for Ground Confidence Test:

All three IRS Switches to NAV Position (no full alignment needed)

PITCH TRIM Nr.1 to ARM Position

Activate Flight Director

Press STOP RUDDET INPUT pushbutton

When you push and release the button, the red light will turn on immediately and stays for 5 seconds.

Aural Warning will be activated after you push and release the button, and will say

STOP RUDDER INPUT, twice.

Edit 2:

The A306/A310 show Range Change message, too, when you change the range on the Nav Display.

It is written RANGE CHG in green color.

Check here at 5:48

Externer Inhalt youtu.be

Edit 3:

Like in the A350, the waypoint constraint has to be in magenta at the active waypoint, not green.

10 Mal editiert, zuletzt von 737 Lover (10. Dezember 2022 11:00)

• Hello Ahmed,

Thank you for your comments.

I had already implemented the ground test for the Stop Rudder Input.....although it only requires F/D on as there is no overhead panel as yet. ^^

Range Change has been implemented thank you.

Waypoint constraint for the active waypoint now corrected to magenta thank you.

Love the A300. She really has become one of my favourite aircraft to fly.

P.s I will animate the forward right view yoke.

Regards

Ed

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von edetroit (10. Dezember 2022 23:25)

• @Ed

I think you need to adjust the red light duration in your video.

Like I wrote, from the moment it gets triggered, the light stays on for 5 seconds.

In your video it is less than 5 seconds.

When you record a test flight , can you show the PFD and NAV Display closer?

I barely can see all the details.

Also the Yoke prevents from checking the NAV Display.

Will you implement WXR -test- in your A306 panel?

It would be cool to see that.

• Ed, I'm getting the impression, that Ahmed is keeping you pretty busy (in the positive sense) :D

Sorry, couldn't resist;)

“That’s one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind.” (Neil A. Armstrong)

• Ed, I'm getting the impression, that Ahmed is keeping you pretty busy (in the positive sense) :D

Sorry, couldn't resist;)

Indeed. I do really appreciate his passion and attention to detail.

After many hours of staring at lines and lines of code I cannot see the wood for the trees.

Although "In your video it is less than 5 seconds." I think he meant to say "In your video it was 4.94 seconds" ^^

I programmed it to be 5 seconds but I am happy to add some milliseconds for Ahmed.

Regards

Ed

• Hello Ahmed,

I added a few milliseconds to the stop rudder input. :)

Externer Inhalt youtu.be

• Hello Ed,

You are crazy!

I thought it would take at least until next weekend ^^ .

Does it also work in the ARC mode?

Unfortunatly it is very difficult for me to see all details.

Do your displays POP UP?

Are you planning to make sub panels,

like: Radio, thrust pedestal and Overhead panel?

The conditions for the Weather radar test are:

-Weather radar rotating switch to TEST position.

-Tilt to 0 Deg

-Gain to MAX

-Nav Display to ARC or MAP mode

-You have set 60NM range, correctly.

-Then you need to turn the transceiver selector from OFF to Nr.1 or Nr.2 Transceiver.

Then after the test, back to OFF position.

It is interesting to know that most of the time the

rotating switch is left at the TEST position, to prevent "cooking" the ground staff.

Some WXR have an OFF switch and some also Standby.

The Standby mode warms up the WXR without scanning.

Some systems have a "forced" standby mode.

Depending on generation of WXR it can take from 90 sec to a couple of minutes for the antenna warm up.

Keep in mind that there are also WXR with PWS Predictive Windshear System.

Also for A306/A310.

The WXR in the video that I had posted doesnt have a PWS.

If a PWS is installed you have additional indications and also you would hear the aural warnings:

MONITOR RADAR DISPLAY

GO AROUND WINDSHEAR AHEAD

WINDSHEAR AHEAD WINDSHEAR AHEAD

In newer PWS you also hear

RADAR TEST TERMINATED

if you stop a test.

I keep my eyes open for PWS in A306/A310.

Honestly, in my opinion you should add WXR test in all your flightdecks.

It just looks cool.

Regarding the WXR in the A350/A380 it works different. It uses 3D scan.

Honeywell offers the Intuview 3D weatherradar.

Greetings.

10 Mal editiert, zuletzt von 737 Lover (13. Dezember 2022 08:26)

• Good morning Ahmed,

Thank you for your comments.

It was what you did not comment on that is the highlight for me.... the delay on the ND display for the map range change.

The lovely new bit of code will now be implemented across my other glass NDs.....I have you to thank for pushing me to do it.

I have a radio pop up, overhead is planned.

Regards

Ed