• Erinnert mich alles irgendwie alles an den Drehwitzki aus Polen...

Dedl

Dass stimmt Dedl, die habben das auch gemacht gerade so wie FlyTampa. Und da fragen sie sich warum leute zum downloaden zugreifen lol.

b727captain.jpg

Grusse aus die Niederlande

Leon

• Ich glaube dass ich die jetzt aufgewacht habbe, vielleicht werd es etwas und kommt da etwas gutes raus oder nicht lol. ich habbe dieser auf dass forum von HiFi gesetzt:

Okay that's something i can believe, what was making me very angry is the fact that we didn't get a warning, so we had a choice to fly online or not.
    In the FS2004 community is this a very hard slap in the face, another developer that isn't availlable for FS9. Maybe the misstake is in the development of AS16, this version was build for FSX, so we couldn't upgrade anymore. (ASE worked for both versions too) Isn't there a way to change the .ini file from ASE so we can download real weather beyond your servers? (officially made by HiFi) this way we can keep using the interface we are working with for years. It's getting harder each time for us to keep FS9 running. You must understand that we did put a lot of money in the years that FS9 was growing and we still do as much as possible.

b727captain.jpg

Leon

• Ich befürchte, diese Vorgehensweise von HiFi wird uns auch zukünftig leider noch öfters begegnen.

“That’s one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind.” (Neil A. Armstrong)

• I have been meaning to start a thread around the following, but have not had the time to do so, but with all this happening, now may be the perfect time to do so.

I have been using FS Real Weather for quite some time. Switched from ASE long ago when they took forever to add King Shaka (FALE) to the database and the weather around Durban was always sunny since the old Durban airport and weather station (FADN) closed down (so no weather reports). What added to my decision to move was the fact that (at the time), X-Plane was also supported.

Anyhow, the thread I wanted to start and am integrating into this thread now is the following.

For those who use FSRW, do you download and save the weather files?

I don't. I merely download dynamic weather and fly. But my thoughts for a while has been, that if the guys behind FSRW also stop server access to the old users, then, if I had my own downloaded files, I could still go and load them and at least have weather in my system.

So maybe we can start saving weather files (download at random and save) to build up our own databases and when FSRW do follow the HiFi simulations route (which hopefully wont happen soon), then we can share the downloaded files between us all to expand on our historical weather databases.

Just a thought. I am going to start doing this as soon as I can because having some sort of realistic weather in the sim is quite important to me.

Kind regards

Kabous

• This sounds like a plan to me.

b727captain.jpg

Leon

• So maybe we can start saving weather files (download at random and save) to build up our own databases and when FSRW do follow the HiFi simulations route (which hopefully wont happen soon), then we can share the downloaded files between us all to expand on our historical weather databases.

Just a thought. I am going to start doing this as soon as I can because having some sort of realistic weather in the sim is quite important to me.

Kind regards

Kabous

That's a great idea Kabous.

Here is 175 MB of downloaded weather for ASE since 2015. https://www.mediafire.com/file/hros7h7e6…eather.zip/file

Regards

Kofi

• Thank you Kofi, just purchased a lisence for FSRealWX but you'll never now.

b727captain.jpg

Leon

• Is it possible to load old saved files? I also use FSRW but do not see an option to to say 'load from file' option.. unless I missed it.. I just download the current weather and go with it. I see there is a option to get past weather say days or a couple months ago but not sure you can actually save the data for later either.

Greg

Greg Peters

KGRR Michigan

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gapeters (26. April 2023 03:52)

• As previously noted, I use FS Global Real Weather by downloading the current weather. I have downloaded historical weather in the past just to see how accurate it was. Sure enough the historical down was exactly the weather on that day. I was able to save the weather, as this screen shows.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

As you can see, there is an menu system that gives you an option to load a weather file.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Greg_Putz

Regina Canada