• I seem to recall that duplicate AFDs also do that kind of crash. Were there any airports in the AI zone that have been added or modified?

If you deactivate EDDF and the flight goes okay, EDDF might still only be part of the problem, since sometimes there seem to be interactions between two addons, both of which work fine by themselves.

Also, can you get there with AI off?

Might also be worth travelling north from Stuttgart to see whether its a problem in the northern area and EDDF is approachable from the other direction.

Did the crash dump reveal which DLL was the faulting module? Graphics, AI engine, or something else.

The direct track is 85 miles so, if all else fails, at least it's walkable. Just take plenty of sandwiches. :D

“Every word has consequences. Every silence, too.” - Sartre

• I have solved my map issue. It appears I installed an updated navaid .bgl dated 2008. NV9EURW0.bgl. Possibly by Herve Sors.

This was in FS9\Scenery\Eurw\Scenery. I replaced it from the original files dated 2003.

Map works now.

May or may not be helpfull.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von JohnTenn (8. Dezember 2023 16:08)

• But I would check all DRZEWIECKI DESIGN sceneries as he was a denier.

If you see a scenery that separate lines in the scenery cfg (one for landclass and one for the scenery itself) that is a clue that they have the knowledge. If not check the scenery folder....... I check them all anyway.

LC_bgls are the only thing that will cause CTD (OOM)

I have now started to randomly check my complete scenery folder and was very surprised at how many LC files were stored in the "normal" scenery folders.
    So far I have found 35 affected sceneries and still counting.

Regards
    Andreas

“That’s one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind.” (Neil A. Armstrong)

• There is an recommended order to install payed sceneries to avoid conflicts in Germany:

01. Scenery Germany 1
    02. Scenery Germany 2
    -
    03. German Airports 3 -> EDDH,EDDL,EDDT,EDDW,EDHK,EDHL,EDHL
    -
    04. Scenery Germany 3
    -
    05. German Airports 1 -> EDDC,EDDM,EDDN,EDDS,EDFE,EDMA,EDQD
    06. German Airports 2 -> EDDG,EDDK,EDDP,EDDV,EDLW
    07. German Airports 4 -> EDBM,EDDB,EDDI,EDDR,EDFH,EDOP,EDSB,EDVE,EDXW,EHBK
    -
    08. VFR Berlin 2006
    -
    09. Mega Airport Frankfurt
    -
    10. Scenery Germany 4

• There is an recommended order

Who made the recommendation and do you speak from your own experience?
    I ask, because I have a different order in the arrangement of the a. m. sceneries, but no problems regarding CTD's.

03. German Airports 3 -> EDDH,EDDL,EDDT,EDDW,EDHK,EDHL,EDHL

Should the last airport in the series be called EDLP?

Andreas

“That’s one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind.” (Neil A. Armstrong)

• Moin Andreas,

In den Dateien sind ein Haufen Daten - ich weiß nicht, wonach ich suchen soll.

Das weiß ich auch nicht. Aber Du weißt, wo sich der CTD-Ort befindet und kannst sagen, wellche deiner Szenerien dort aktiv sein könnte. Die würde ich dann mal alle deaktivieren. Wenn dann kein CTD mehr ist, bist Du 'nen großen Schritt weiter. Danach ein bei ein die deaktivierten Szenerien wieder aktiv schalten, bis der CTD wieder auftritt.

...guten Abend Dedl. Der 2. Weihnachtsfeiertag war mal ganz gut, die Sache noch einmal auszutesten. Ich habe die gleiche Route jetzt mal - mit meinem Avatar nachgeflogen und zwar VFR.

Von EDDS (SGD) aus - nichts. Kein CTD - auch nicht über der "kritischen" Szenerie (Switzerland-Pro), da hatte ich vor zwei Tagen extra noch ein AddOn 'reingesetzt (LOWI). Der CTD kam immer kurz nach Vogtareuth - jetzt: Nichts. Kein CTD.

An den Szenerien/der Szenerie kann's also nicht hängen.

Guten "Rutsch" allerseits gewunschen!

:)

Andreas